Which is the Highest Rated Film on Rotten Tomatoes? If you don’t know the answer, you can read the entire article. In this article, not only the film name will be informed along with some additional information will be provided also. So, let’s begin with some basic data.
- The highest-rated film on Rotten Tomatoes is Black Panther. The rating is 96%.
- Black Panther is a 2018 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name. It is the 18th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Marvel Studios Produced it and Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures distributed it.
- Ryan Coogler directed this film and also co-wrote the screenplay with Joe Robert Cole.
- Chadwick Boseman, who played T’Challa/Black Panther, led a predominantly black cast for the first standalone film for a black Marvel superhero.
- Black Panther premiered in Los Angeles on January 29, 2018, and released theatrically in the United States on February 16.
- The film grossed over $1.3 billion worldwide and broke numerous box office records, including the highest-grossing film by a black director. It became the ninth-highest-grossing film of all time. The third-highest-grossing film in the U.S. and Canada, and the second-highest-grossing film of 2018.
- Many critics considered it as one of the best films set in the MCU and noted its cultural significance, with organizations including the National Board of Review. Moreover, the American Film Institute named it one of the top 10 films of 2018.
- The film made headlines again when it became the first superhero film to be nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Picture – Drama. Black Panther recognized for something even more prestigious. It’s the first superhero film ever to receive an Oscar nomination for Best Picture.
The story, described as a tale of black power and black pride in addition to its superhero themes, follows T’Challa as he is sworn in as king of Wakanda, a cloaked, technologically advanced nation in Africa that is home to the exotic metal vibranium, the source of Black Panther’s powers.
After the death of his father, T’Challa returns home to the African nation of Wakanda to take his rightful place as king. When a powerful enemy suddenly reappears, T’Challa’s mettle as king and as Black Panther gets tested when he’s drawn into a conflict that puts the fate of Wakanda and the entire world at risk. Faced with treachery and danger, the young king must rally his allies and release the full power of Black Panther to defeat his foes and secure the safety of his people.
Why this Film Got Highest Ratings on Rotten Tomatoes?
In this portion I will try to analyze why this film got highest ratings in Rotten Tomatoes. For better understanding, I will uphold some critique and audience reviews direct from the film site. Let’s dive into them.
- When it comes to creating visuals, engaging action, and likable characters, Black Panther stands confidently next to the best fare offered up by the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Whether or not this is the best film Marvel Studios has made to date and it is clearly in the discussion-it is by far the most thought-provoking.
- Identity politics provide a fresh spin to the genre’s increasingly tedious narrative formula.
- Brilliantly brought to life by the production design by Hannah Beachler and the costume design by Ruth E. Carter.
- Black Panther is likely Marvel’s most politically inspired film to date.
- Believe the hype. This is a superhero flick unlike any we’ve ever seen, crafted by the unstoppable Ryan Coogler.
- Black Panther not only stands up as a Hollywood blockbuster but conveys an adult and chronological context that touches upon slavery, the Civil Rights movement, Black Lives Matter, and the current African-American plight.
- This movie lived up to its hype. It’s possibly one of the best films of its kind, and I especially liked the development of all the characters. The villain isn’t just a villain. I understood him. Like all Marvel films, the visual and aural elements are excellent. Acting and writing are top-notch here as well. This film is a bit more serious than most Marvel films, which works in its favor.
- This film had so many cool characters. In addition to plot and development is really interesting as well as engaging.
Hopefully, you have enjoyed the content. I guess after reading the critique and audience reviews, you have already understood why this film is the highest rated on Rotten Tomatoes. Black Panther absolutely killed the box office because out of all the things it did better than other superhero movies- this is the best thing about this film.
Another major reason is that it’s a positive representation of Africa, which always shows negatively in mainstream media. Time to change that perspective. People want different stories from different perspectives. Black Panther fulfilled that demand well enough. Though some people think it is an overrated film of MCU. But, I personally consider this movie as one of the best creations of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.